Xiaomi’s first in-house processor called “Surge S1” announced with new Xiaomi Mi 5c and Xiaomi Redmi 4X.
Today, Xiaomi has finally announced its first in-house SoS processor called “Surge S1” along with Xiaomi Mi 5c and Xiami Redmi 4X smartphones. So, Xiaomi is now fourth marketer with its own processor after the Samsung with its “Exynos”, Apple with its “A” series, and Huawei with its own “Kirin” processor.
There was rumored in 2015 that Xiaomi is developing its own chip and now today Xiaomi feels prestigious to announce that they have finally made it. So, Xiaomi is the second second Chinese smartphone manufacturer only after Huawei to produce its own processing units.
SoC Chipset “Surge S1” Overview
- Octa-core 64-bit chipset (4xA53 cores 2.2GHz + 4xA53 cores 1.4GHz)
- 28nm High Performance Computing (HPC) process
- Mali-T860 quad-core GPU
- AFBC + ASTC image compression technology
- 32-bit high performance DSP for voice processing
- 14-bit dual ISP; enhanced image processing capabilities
- Surge ISP algorithm improves camera light sensitivity by 150%
- Dual noise reduction algorithm reduces noise and preserves image detail in low light
- Upgradable baseband; programmable modem, OTA upgradable
- VoLTE high quality call and video support
- Chip-level security; TEE architecture, strict compliance with safety regulations
- Antutu score 64,817
Xiaomi also has announced its most awaited samrtphones called “Mi 5c” and “Redmi 4X” along with SoC Chipset “Surge S1”. Xiaomi has full features of upcoming “Mi 5c” and “Redmi 4X” also. Xiaomi has declared Mi 5c devices will come with its first new processor Surge S1. Take a look of features of “Mi 5c” and “Redmi 4X” bellow.
Mi 5c Features
- Powered by Surge S1, octa-core 64-bit processor (2.2GHz quad-core A53 + 1.4GHz quad-core A53)
- Android 7.1 Nougat
- 15” display, 550-nit brightness, 2048 brightness levels with ultra-precise backlight controls
- Slim and light premium metal body: 132g and 7.09mm thin
- 2860mAh battery; 9V/2A fast charging
- 3GB + 64GB, dual-channel LPDDR3 + eMMC5.0
- 25 micron pixel size, ultra light-sensitive 12MP camera
- Single-frame HDR
- Front fingerprint sensor
- RMB 1,499
Redmi 4X Features
- Powered by Snapdragon 435 1.4 GHz, Adreno 505
- Premium metal body and 2.5D curved glass
- 4100 mAh battery
- Up to 128GB expandable storage
- 2 GB+16GB and 3GB+32GB storage
- full metal body and comes with a fingerprint sensor
Well, there is no more detail regarding the price of Xiaomi Mi 5c. But Xiaomi has clearly declared the Xiaomi Redmi 4X price on the site. The Xiaomi Redmi 4X with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage will cost you ￥699 ($102) and 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage variant will cost you￥899 ($130).