How to use Samsung kies to sync your Samsung device to your PC ?
What is Samsung Kies?
First of all, you have to well known about this Samsung Kies software. It is a free software which is developed by Samsung Company. It helps you to manage your Samsung device data easily. It can be used as connect your Samsung device to PC and manage your all media, contact and restore your data and more simply.
There are two versions of it. First one Kies which can support models are some feature phone with Android 4.3. The second version is Kies3, which can support latest Android version after Android OS 4.3.
How to download Samsung Kies for Windows?
To download it, the first part is you have to check your Samsung device. There are two versions of Samsung Kies- Kies and Kies3, so make sure that you are downloading the right one for your device. To get Samsung Kies you can get it on the official site of Samsung.
Samsung Kies Download for Windows:
Samsung Kies Download for MAC OS:
What spec should PC need to run Kies ?
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or above
- RAM: 1 GB minimum
- Free Space: 500 MB minimum
- Screen Size: 1024p (32 bit)
Software Requirements to run Kies:
- Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or above
- Windows Media Player 10 or above
- DirectX 9.0C or above
- For Windows Mobile 6 devices, use ActiveSync 4.5(Windows XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1(Windows Vista/7)
- Windows 8 includes Windows Media Player
- Windows 8 N and Windows 8 KN editions require Microsoft’s “Media Feature Pack” (you can get it from microsoft.com)
- If you are using Kies with Windows 8 OS, for now only Samsung Android OS and BADA OS based device are supportable
System Requirement for Kies3:
- Operating System: Windows XP(SP3), Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- CPU: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz or above
- RAM: 512 MB minimum
- Free Space: 200 MB minimum
- Screen Size: 1024p (32 bit)
Software Requirement for Kies3:
- Windows XP : Windows Media Player 11 or above
- Windows 7, 8 OS N, KN : Windows Media Feature Pack (you can get it from microsoft.com)
MAC Requirement for Kies:
- Operating System: MacOS X version 10.5 or later
- CPU: 8GHz Intel or faster processor
- RAM: 512 minimum
- Free Space: 100 MB minimum
How to install and connect your Samsung Device to PC via Samsung Kies?
If your download has been completed. Then you just have to double-click on the .exe file to install Samsung Kies into your PC. After the install is finished, you have to connect your Samsung device to PC with Samsung Kies. But, there are also two methods you install it. The two methods are:
- Connect with a USB data cable: This is one of simplest method to connect your all supported Samsung device to your PC. You just need to plug USB cable to Windows PC to get your Samsung device connected.
- Wi-Fi or Wireless Connection: This wireless connection method is not supportable to all Samsung devices. To use this wireless connection method, you have to click on “Wi-Fi Connection Set-up Guide” this button will appear on Samsung Kies Software before your Samsung device is connected.
To download it, first par the is you have to check your Samsung device. There are two versions of Samsung Kies- Kies and Kies3, so make sure that you are downloading right one for your device. To get Samsung Kies you can get it on the official site of Samsung.
Any Idea on How to Update?
Don’t have any idea about how to update of Samsung Kies? You just have to do some click on Samsung Kies Software, which are belows:
- Install Samsung Kies on your Windows PC
- Click on “help” show on top of the tools
- Click on “check update” if new updated would available then your Samsung Kies will update. If new update is not avail then you can tic on notify when update is available.
Here is full video tutorial for how to install and use of Samsung Kies: